Your Medical Device Product Development Partner
At Datum3D, we are renowned for being a cutting edge, highly effective, innovative medical device design company. If you have any medical devices that can be improved upon, or you have an idea for something that doesn’t exist yet, we can help you bring your visions to life.
Medical Device Product Design & Development
The medical world is constantly evolving, and the technology that’s used should be adapting as well. At Datum3D, we provide state-of-the-art, comprehensive design services to bring visions of better medical technology to life. Through our strategic, proven medical product design process, doctors can provide better care and patients can reap the rewards. From developing the medical device concept and supplying photo-realistic renders, to creating working prototypes, our cutting-edge medical device design company provides an all-inclusive solution for medical product development.
The History of Our Medical Device Design Company
Datum3D in Boston, MA was founded in 1997, when George Reekie, Gordon Lewis, and Steve Venditti created the principle of designing products with the manufacturing and assembly process in mind. We call this concept DFM&A (Design for Manufacture and Assembly), and it remains a core focus in all of our medical product development. Since our inception, we have been dedicated to bringing our innovation and expertise to the medical device product design industry.
Our Proven Medical Device Product Design Process
At Datum3D, we are dedicated to providing our clients with a seamless product development experience, beginning with effective communication and ending with a high-quality, cutting-edge, functional medical device that can change lives. Our standard medical device design process follows six integral steps:
- Investigate – We get to know your competitors, your end user, and your product concept inside and out so we understand exactly what our design needs to accomplish.
- Create – We brainstorm fresh ideas and explore the possibilities of your medical product. We provide concept sketches and renderings to ensure we are on the same page.
- Develop – In this stage, we carefully evaluate and refine every detail of the medical device design. We then build 3D models and prototypes to verify design integrity.
- DFM&A – As mentioned above, this is the core concept of our brand. Through DFM&A, we complete a thorough cost analysis, taking into consideration ways to optimize the design and manufacturing process for maximum efficiency.
- Refine – Prior to functional prototyping, we leverage computer-aided engineering to refine and confirm product design and structural integrity.
- Build – We then construct a fully functional prototype and help transition your product to the appropriate medical device manufacturer.
Our Medical Device Product Design Brought to Life
We have had the privilege of working with some of the finest minds in the medical field to engineer life-altering medical devices that help improve patient care while providing doctors with more efficient, cost-effective options. Our medical product design portfolio is laden with incredible solutions to common medical procedures. Here are a couple of them:
- Endoscopic Device – We created a more ergonomic, visually stunning version of this common medical product, while engineering it to reduce ongoing expenses associated with the device.
- Medical Suturing Device – With this medical product development project, we provided our client with a suturing device that features impressive styling, quality ergonomics, and day-to-day cost savings.
Request a Free Consultation or Quote
Have a medical device you need help with? Send us your information today for a free consultation or quote!